Search This Blog

Monday, April 22, 2013

A day well spent ... with friends!

April 20 was a beautiful day!  The quilting group in North Baltimore hosted a workshop at their local library.  The project was a table runner.  Three of us from the Scrappy Stitchers braved sitting inside on a sunshine filled day to share our love of quilting.

Judy made the runner pictured below using Civil War reproduction fabrics
 as they're favorites of hers.  The colors remind me of chocolate covered cherries.  It's just yummy!

Nancy used a layer cake to make hers, going for a scrappy look.  The primitive snowman fabric is absolutely fabulous, and makes for a wonderfully scrappy runner!  Please note that she has one border yet to add.  I do apologize for the whopper jawed picture.

 
I opted to use batiks. hoping that I can finish this to use as an "opportunity quilt" for the Buckeye Desk and Derrick club.  I love the way the fabrics play together!


You'll note that each of them looks slightly different ... Judy followed the pattern, Nancy went scrappy, and I opted to border mine differently.  But each is a wonderful and inspiring look!


No comments:

Post a Comment