Search This Blog

Sunday, July 14, 2013

 
During my 4th of July vacation I received a call regarding my quilt block that is painted on my barn. I have been working with Barb Gabriel in Hancock County to put my block on the Barn Quilt Block Tour that is going to be promoted by the Hancock County Visitors Bureau. She notified me that my block will be one of them featured in the brochure that the Visitor's Bureau will be putting out in the fall. I painted this block around 7 years ago when my oldest son was leaving for the Navy. I chose a Mariner's Compass as a symbol for him to always be able to find his way home. 
 
 

There will be other possible opportunities for my block to possibly featured that are still in the works. I am hoping next summer to add another block to the barn, but still deciding on the block.

Scrappy Stitcher, Theresa Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment